Email already registered to dashboard account error

SOLVED
francktls
Getting noticed

Email already registered to dashboard account error

Dear Community,

I've got an issue when I try to create dashboard administrator accounts. I had 20+ accounts to create but some of them (7) return the following error.

"Email xxxx@yyyy.com is already registered with a Cisco Meraki Dashboard account. For security purposes, that user must verify his/her email address before administrator permissions can be granted here."

Tried to register same email on another org, same issue.

Do you have any idea before I raise a ticket to support ?

Many thanks & best regards,
Franck.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Bruce
Kind of a big deal

Unfortunately, that error means exactly what it says. Those email addresses have been added to another organisation, which has triggered a verification email which the user has never clicked through to verify their email address. Until the email address is verified you won’t be able to add them to your organisation.

I’m not sure of the exact process to follow here, but I’d suggest you ask the users of the email addresses that are erroring to try and log into the Dashboard, see if they can verify their address that way. You can also try support, but you may or may not get any luck there (personal experience is they’ve been very reluctant to remove administrators, or change user details - probably for good reason).

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Bruce
Kind of a big deal

Unfortunately, that error means exactly what it says. Those email addresses have been added to another organisation, which has triggered a verification email which the user has never clicked through to verify their email address. Until the email address is verified you won’t be able to add them to your organisation.

I’m not sure of the exact process to follow here, but I’d suggest you ask the users of the email addresses that are erroring to try and log into the Dashboard, see if they can verify their address that way. You can also try support, but you may or may not get any luck there (personal experience is they’ve been very reluctant to remove administrators, or change user details - probably for good reason).

Hi @Bruce 

Many thanks for your answer.

I understand now why we've got this message.

Take care,

Franck.

BrandonS
Kind of a big deal

Just a heads up that I discovered recently emails used with Meraki Go also have to be unique. I had assumed until then they had nothing to do with each other. 

- Ex community all-star (⌐⊙_⊙)
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.