Device alert message change

RaphaelL
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Device alert message change

Hi ,

I just got back from vacation and first thing I noticed is that it seems that someone messed the alert messages on devices. 

The colors of some messages have changed. The orange is now light ugly yellow and some messages that were orange are now green despite being "error" messages (?) 

Also if the same warning occurs multiple times , it will be displayed x times. Super user friendly : 

RaphaelL_0-1723553568692.png

Just imagine a switch with more ports with errors like that one : 

RaphaelL_1-1723553633882.png

Or that ...  a green warning ?

RaphaelL_3-1723553789676.png

The Alert Hub ( Org -> Alerts ) is pretty simple.

3 Alert types :

Critial ( RED )

Warning ( ORANGE )

Informational ( BLUE )

Then why are the color not matching with the alert hub ? 

Rant of the week. Something super simply and was pretty fine for years and someday someone thought to mess that up.

3 Replies 3
MK2
Building a reputation

Same here.

had a very annoying problem with APs (MR) that somehow got stuck in a VLAN after an internet connection failure and would no longer connect to the cloud. There was also a SecureConnect error. I had this at several locations....very strange.

But I had the same problem with the questionable error messages as you. somehow it looked different than usual?
Has anyone from the deveolpment tested a beta "feature"? 🙂

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I can't find the annoucement - but I believe this is related to helping those with colour blindness/vision impairment.

RaphaelL
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

That's a good point ! 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.