Dashboard

Davlat
New here

Dashboard

Hello
I'm having problem with adding equipments when i add switches it says "The following devises are already in use" we have never add devices. Is it possible to know to which account these deviced added ? We can not know to which added. Thanks

9 Replies 9
DarrenOC
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

hi @Davlat - did you buy the equipment brand new from a Cisco/meraki reseller?  If not, its more than likely that those devices are sat in someone else's dashboard already claimed.

You need to contact whoever you purchased them from and ask them to unclaim from their dashboard.

Meraki support can't help you in this instance.

Darren OConnor | doconnor@resalire.co.uk
https://www.linkedin.com/in/darrenoconnor/

I'm not an employee of Cisco/Meraki. My posts are based on Meraki best practice and what has worked for me in the field.
Davlat
New here

Yes we have bought new with box 17pcs of MS225 switches all of them same problem nobody know to which account they are claimes

Davlat
New here

I've asked lots of times from reseller nobody knows why we are having this problem.

Davlat
New here

The funny thing there are 10 of them never opened and in original box

DarrenOC
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

hi @Davlat  - if you have a Meraki/Cisco AM reach out to them and query.

Darren OConnor | doconnor@resalire.co.uk
https://www.linkedin.com/in/darrenoconnor/

I'm not an employee of Cisco/Meraki. My posts are based on Meraki best practice and what has worked for me in the field.
ConnorL
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Someone may have already claimed the order number, which automatically claims all devices (and any license) associated with said order. 

Support won't be able to share any information about where/when/how they were already claimed, so I would advise to speak with your reseller/MSP and any other parties that may be involved.

Davlat
New here

hi thanks a lot for replies.
I've order number and license numbers also is it possible to unclaim from meraku tech support ?

ConnorL
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Nope, Support cannot assist. As per the KB: "Using the Organization Inventory"

Due to privacy and security concerns, Cisco Meraki Support cannot assist in moving/removing devices that have already been claimed to another organization.

Inderdeep
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

As always, somebody has claimed already which means you need to figure out where it was claimed, May be Support can help here  @Davlat 

Regards/Inder
Cisco IT Blogs awarded in 2020 & 2021
www.thenetworkdna.com
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.