Dashboard update: firmware warnings now shown

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Dashboard update: firmware warnings now shown

On the overview, networks that are coming to end of current firmware version support are shown:

cmr_1-1593602368488.png

You can click on, in my case, the 4 and it will show you which networks are at warning status.

On the all networks tab you can filter by STATUS or if all are shown then you see something similar to the below:

cmr_0-1593602299329.png

Excellent 😎

8 REPLIES 8
cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

One bug is that the Upgrade scheduled column now shows the time in PDT instead of local time... except the second one I did was correct...

drgnslyr
Getting noticed

I'm not sure i undestand the warnings, they come up for my test networks using the Release Candidate, but not for my couple MR networks that are still on the 25 firmware. You'd think a major update would flag as warning.

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@drgnslyr it is warning you that the version you are on has an end of support date, if you hover over the (i) it will tell you when that version goes end of support.  Beta and release candidate versions have shorter supported lives that release versions.

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Though it is a bit confusing, apparently there is a newer stable major firmware than 12.19 for the switches

cmr_0-1593620388103.png

drgnslyr
Getting noticed

That's my thing with the warnings, the wording is horrible. And I get that there is a end date for Betas and RCs, just all needs some more refinement.

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Actually I think it is not ready yet, all my MR networks whether they are GA, RC or Beta show as Good, same for MXs that are Beta with a newer Beta available, yet all my switches show as warning whether they are on the latest Beta, the RC or 12.14 which is shown as GA, yet I don't believe ever was?

@MerakiDavehas this been released too early into the dashboard?

MerakiDave
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Thanks @cmr @drgnslyr for the comments, and I'll get this to the Dashboard PM team, please also make these comments in a wish box on that same page to increase the attention for the need to clean this new feature up a little.  

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Thanks @MerakiDave  the view now shows correctly for switches with only the one network where I have an out of date beta generating a warning 😎  I'll add a wish for the MX out of date betas to show there.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.