Dashboard License converting to co-termination to per device licensing

SOLVED
Yasiru_SE
New here

Dashboard License converting to co-termination to per device licensing

Hi community,

Hope you are fine. I am in the process of converting the co-termination in to the per-device licensing. Already License buying process is underway. do you have any experience performing this task?  What are the concerns while doing this process? Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AjitKumar
Head in the Cloud

Hi @Yasiru_SE,

As you know PDL (Per Device Licensing) come with more flexibility of What to renew, Moving Licenses between Orgs. etc.

You may have refereed the following link too

https://documentation.meraki.com/General_Administration/Licensing/Meraki_Licensing

We see PDL as advantage however a few short comings may be

1. PDL cannot be reverted

2. Administration and Management (Keep track of expiry)

otherwise migration process is easy and straight forward. It may take a while to understand the UI and options (happened with me)

Regards,
Ajit
AjitsNW@gmail.com
www.ajit.network

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
AjitKumar
Head in the Cloud

Hi @Yasiru_SE,

As you know PDL (Per Device Licensing) come with more flexibility of What to renew, Moving Licenses between Orgs. etc.

You may have refereed the following link too

https://documentation.meraki.com/General_Administration/Licensing/Meraki_Licensing

We see PDL as advantage however a few short comings may be

1. PDL cannot be reverted

2. Administration and Management (Keep track of expiry)

otherwise migration process is easy and straight forward. It may take a while to understand the UI and options (happened with me)

Regards,
Ajit
AjitsNW@gmail.com
www.ajit.network

Hi @AjitKumar 

Thank you for your reply. I went through the documentation also. I was really helpful. Thank you very much for your time !

Ccnaaws
Conversationalist

Meraki's default option for licensing is co-termination. So at the time of deployment, we used this method, but now we want to change the license method and use a per-device license method.

So, is it possible?

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.