Dashboard License converting to co-termination to per device licensing

Solved
Yasiru_SE
New here

Dashboard License converting to co-termination to per device licensing

Hi community,

Hope you are fine. I am in the process of converting the co-termination in to the per-device licensing. Already License buying process is underway. do you have any experience performing this task?  What are the concerns while doing this process? Thank you

1 Accepted Solution
AjitKumar
Head in the Cloud

Hi @Yasiru_SE,

As you know PDL (Per Device Licensing) come with more flexibility of What to renew, Moving Licenses between Orgs. etc.

You may have refereed the following link too

https://documentation.meraki.com/General_Administration/Licensing/Meraki_Licensing

We see PDL as advantage however a few short comings may be

1. PDL cannot be reverted

2. Administration and Management (Keep track of expiry)

otherwise migration process is easy and straight forward. It may take a while to understand the UI and options (happened with me)

Regards,
Ajit
AjitsNW@gmail.com
www.ajit.network

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
AjitKumar
Head in the Cloud

Hi @Yasiru_SE,

As you know PDL (Per Device Licensing) come with more flexibility of What to renew, Moving Licenses between Orgs. etc.

You may have refereed the following link too

https://documentation.meraki.com/General_Administration/Licensing/Meraki_Licensing

We see PDL as advantage however a few short comings may be

1. PDL cannot be reverted

2. Administration and Management (Keep track of expiry)

otherwise migration process is easy and straight forward. It may take a while to understand the UI and options (happened with me)

Regards,
Ajit
AjitsNW@gmail.com
www.ajit.network

Hi @AjitKumar 

Thank you for your reply. I went through the documentation also. I was really helpful. Thank you very much for your time !

Ccnaaws
Conversationalist

Meraki's default option for licensing is co-termination. So at the time of deployment, we used this method, but now we want to change the license method and use a per-device license method.

So, is it possible?

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.