CMNA Kit

Solved
Johnfnadez
Building a reputation

CMNA Kit

Hello Community!

I have a doubt with my CMNA Kit, I got it almost 3 years ago, eventually the licenses are about to expire. Checking the license renewal requirements I do not longer meet all those requirements since I am no longer working for a Meraki reseller. But I don’t want to covert my Meraki devices in paperweight since those won’t work without licenses.

So finally my question is, are those devices suitable to buy the licenses for my own? Or those have a kind of disclaimer that doesn’t allow renew with licenses bought by me?

Best regards!

Johnny Fernandez
Network & Security Engineer
CCNP | JNCIP-SEC | CMNA
1 Accepted Solution
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Yes, you can buy licences personally to keep using them.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Yes, you can buy licences personally to keep using them.

MerryAki
Building a reputation

Well, they also changed the T&C on the CMNA itself, I attended in mid 2022 and neither got CMNA promo equipment nor the according licenses. Now that's not part of the deal and the removed that for the CMNA. 

Right now my lab consists of a few MRs, some Cisco, but unfortunately also 3rd party switches like Mikrotik and Ubiquiti, but I think that's the way that's intented, get into different vendors and pick your favorite.

In terms of licensing for a lab, Cisco Meraki is not a favorite anymore. (For business owners, that's not important, for sure)

Sad, but new partners seem not to be welcomed like some months ago. I can't do the testing on prod equipment. For home use they are forced to go with Juniper, Mikrotik or Ubiquiti.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.