Accessing Dashboard after partner left

RG_NM
Conversationalist

Accessing Dashboard after partner left

Hello Group,

I'm hoping that there is a workaround with my issue but it may be a lost cause.

I'm trying to help one of our libraries with gaining access to their Meraki Dashboard so that we can add more network devices and reconfigure the WAN. The issue is that the vendor that managed and maintained the firewall device and dashboard does not have record of the credentials that were used to access the dashboard. The vendor's employee who managed this account left and did not leave the login information behind. The vendor also failed to add any of the library staff to the dashboard when the device was installed.

MX64 with advanced security license

Any suggestions on what can be done to regain access to the device/dashboard? Is there a method of updating the login information if locally connected to the firewall? Anything?

Thanks in advance!

6 REPLIES 6
KarstenI
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

If you can prove that you are the legal owner, Meraki support can help you:

https://documentation.meraki.com/General_Administration/Support/Contacting_Support

RG_NM
Conversationalist

Thanks for the suggestion. I provided the library with the directions for contacting Meraki support.

We have a similar situation needing to get administrative access to the dashboard when the assigned administrators at another IT provider are no longer available.  Meraki support states: "Meraki support does not have the ability to add Administrators to networks. The only course of action that could be taken is for an existing Admin to add you as a new Admin." I am therefore wondering what information you have to the contrary as that would be most beneficial. Thank you.

Inderdeep
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@RG_NM : Open a Support case and justify that !

Regards/Inder
Cisco IT Blogs awarded in 2020 & 2021
www.thenetworkdna.com
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Get the vendor to add the ex employee's email address as an alias to their own.  Then do a password reset.  They should get the password reset notification and be able to access the dashboard.

BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@RG_NM Once you have established access to your dashboard make sure you remove the old account AND I would find a new vendor, its extremely bad practise not to give a customer access to the equipment they own. 

MSP should treat looking after customers as a privledge not a right therefore should allow customers full access. If a MSP is good at their good they shouldn't be worried a customer will severe ties with them.  

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.