[FOUND AGAIN!] Day 3 of thefts and I’m ready for a nap.

MeredithW
Meraki Alumni (Retired)

Ok, things have REALLY gotten out of hand this time. The thefts of an umbrella and some keys were one thing, but now the gnomes have gone too far.

Yesterday, the team was fawning over the new MS390 we have at HQ, with exclamations of amazement such as “gee-whiz, that’s the most powerful Meraki access switch to date!” and “say, did you hear it’s the only Meraki switch that integrates innovative Cisco switching technology?” and “that’s a big box!” After all the hubbub, the MS390 was carefully locked away in our training lab with the other equipment.

This morning @AdamS, the manager of our content engineering team, arrived to the training lab only to discover that the MS390 was ABSENT! He proceeded to tear the lab apart, only to find no trace of the switch in sight. Just as he was reaching the depression/reflection/loneliness stage of grief at the profound loss, the Gnome Security Team appeared on the scene:

00100dPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20191218165154238_COVER.jpg

Based on recent thefts in the area, their list of possible suspects had two slippery characters at the very top: MS and AP gnomes. The miscreants’ jailbreak last evening only cemented the detectives’ suspicions (I SWEAR I locked them away; I don’t know what happend!!).

Fortunately for our heroes, the training lab is equipped with state-of-the-art MV security cameras! The sleuths quickly got to work reviewing the camera footage:

00100dPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20191218151948539_COVER.jpg

Well, it didn’t take long for the story of the switch’s mysterious disappearance to unfold…

Screen Shot 2019-12-18 at 2.37.05 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-12-18 at 2.49.08 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-12-18 at 2.34.08 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-12-18 at 2.30.01 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-12-18 at 2.25.56 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-12-18 at 2.27.03 PM.png

Alas, once they exit the office, the trail goes cold…

Could it be that they again have gone into hiding somewhere in the community??

As before, if you spot the delinquents somewhere here on the community, please comment below with “I FOUND THE THIEVES!” and a link to the post where they’re hiding. The first to comment with the correct link will get their own gnome as a token of appreciation for helping the MS390 be returned to its home!

Terms, conditions, & eligibility info for Gnome in the Home

UPDATE: Such relief! Thank you @bdzent for locating the missing switch! Now I really must get back to work..

2 Comments
bdzent
Conversationalist

Or meant I found the thieves!