Congratulations to our first 2018 MOTMs!

CarolineS
Community Manager

Hard to believe that it's already February.... but that means it's Members of the Month time!

Congratulations to our January MOTMs: @PhilipDAth@Mr_IT_Guy, @jared_f, and @MilesMeraki, all repeat MOTMs! Philip & Mr_IT_Guy maintain their perfect 5-month-in-a-row MOTM records.

This month, we're featuring @jared_f, who has been a standout in the Mobility Management board. Read more below.

January 2018 Meraki Community Members of the Month

motm-02.png

@PhilipDAth

133 kudos

motm-03.png

@Mr_IT_Guy

62 kudos

jared_motm.png

@jared_f

53 kudos

WANKiller.png

@MilesMeraki 

47 kudos

Congrats, all! Meraki swag will arrive at your doors shortly as a small token of our appreciation (some of you are amassing quite a collection!).

As always, thank you to EVERYONE who participated in the community in January - it's getting bigger & better every day!

Featured Member of the Month: jared_f

Profile Photo.pngAt just sixteen years old, Jared is likely the youngest member of the Meraki Community. He does part-time IT consulting for 1:1 deployment and network builds, and says he is "into all things technology - networking, 3D printing, builds, and much more." He has been very active in the Mobility Management board here on the community since joining the community just after we launched in August.

I asked Jared a few questions: 

Tell us a little about yourself and how you got involved in MDM

I got involved in MDM when I received my first managed iPad for school. I was a fan of how administrators were able to push mandatory apps, but allow us to pick apps we wanted on our devices. I found Meraki when I was searching for an MDM to learn. Meraki was free at the time and was a great tool to learn with. 

How does the community help you in your day-to-day work?

The community helps me with my day to day work when I have questions or just want to discuss ideas. Also, the ability to discuss feature requests is great and just shows how much MDM/EMM needs have evolved in just a few years.

What recommendations do you have for other young people interested in technology?

Do not be afraid of failing your first time trying something! Also, get involved in communities like this to ask questions and learn.

Anything else you'd like to tell us?

I would like to thank everyone in the Meraki Community for sharing and helping! Also, shout out to the Meraki employees and staff who make this community possible and participate in discussions!

Thanks, Jared!

3 Comments