[CONTEST CLOSED] It’s that time of year again 🧹🧼🧽 — share your spring cleaning pictures!

AmyReyes
Community Manager

Spring-Cleaning_Email.png

UPDATE: this contest has ended. Thank you to everyone who participated. We loved seeing your spring cleaning projects! Congratulations to our three randomly selected winners: @RafeekThevum39@van604, & @Rwideman🎉

Spring has nearly sprung here in the Northern Hemisphere, and there is no better time to refresh and renew your space with a little cleaning project than this. We know you’ve got a mess of cables or old equipment lurking somewhere in the corners of your closet 😉 Now’s the time to tackle ‘em!

The rules are simple: take a photo of your spring cleaning project and share it with us for a chance to win swag. We’d love to see before and after photos, but simply an after photo that you’re particularly proud of or an anxiety-inducing, yet aspirational before photo will do!

For a little inspiration, below are a few of our favorites from last year:

Dusting off a device with @mdo 

dusting device.jpeg

Containing the spaghetti monster with @CameronS 

BeforeBeforeAfterAfter

How to enter

Submit your photo(s) in a comment on this blog post before 10 a.m. EDT on Friday, March 17th . We'll then pick three entries at random to win a Cisco Meraki laptop kit that includes a case for a 16-inch display laptop, a notebook, and 3 jotter pen pack. 

Cisco Meraki laptop kit.jpeg

The fine print:

25 Comments
CameronS
Getting noticed

A year later, a few upgrades have been made (MX75 > HA Pair of MX105s). The spaghetti monster is still in hiding!

20230313_131444246_iOS.jpg

KarstenI
Kind of a big deal

This is me, cleaning my APs to ensure proper RF propagation.

(Kids, don't do this at home, this photo was taken by a professional AP cleaner in a controlled AP cleaning environment!)

KarstenI_0-1678715016834.jpeg

Madhan_kumar_G
Getting noticed

👻

IP Graded Testing I hope? 😀

redsector
Head in the Cloud

Virus cleaning?

MerryAki
Building a reputation

Your right, it's time for spring cleaning 🧹🧼 🫧

Luckily I got the correct soap and lotion for that job 🤓

PXL_20230313_153307632.jpg

KarstenI
Kind of a big deal

@MerryAki (now it's correct 😉 ) With Lotion? That goes far beyond cleaning. That's AP and sensor wellness! 👍

MerryAki
Building a reputation

@KarstenI Think you meant me.

Yep, that's a wellness treatment (and the brand is better to read^^)

ken0259
Comes here often

Can't put into words how much I'MXtremely excited to what's coming in the post soon to replace this.

Limping Along.JPG

van604
Getting noticed

Finally got a scissor lift to retrieve this from the warehouse. 

did serve us well over the years....

signal-2023-03-13-165335_002.jpeg

KarstenI
Kind of a big deal

@van604 I still have one of these in the basement. But with two spare MR52s it's really time to retire that device.

Nieslen
Comes here often

Some spring cleaning made at a customer site.. 

spring-clean.png

RafeekThevum39
Comes here often

Before 
526D0A20-C394-4C92-ACEF-2F682522F0B7.jpeg

After

0DE08125-8F63-44B0-A30C-10A865F22CD9.jpeg

Rwideman
Conversationalist

So much Meraki Multigig!So much Meraki Multigig!Please help.Please help.

janic
Here to help

Sent the FortiGate and HPE Switches into their well deserved retirement.

janic_1-1678814053693.jpeg

janic_0-1678814040773.jpeg

Simeon
Conversationalist

This is how I inherited the IT infrastructure 😂

IMG_1279.jpg

This is after we rebuilt it:

Still Missing power strip (BackOrder)Still Missing power strip (BackOrder)Still missing Rack Front Covers (BackOrder)Still missing Rack Front Covers (BackOrder)

We are still missing the Power Strip for the UPS and Front Cover panels for the racks. The setup is: 

2 x ISPs with 2 lines each Cisco Routers so a total of 4 internet lines crossed in the MXs

2 x MX100 in HA

2 x MS125 /48POE in crossed in each MX

1 x MS120 /24POE for Video Cameras
1 x NVR recorder.

1 x UPS 

Here's the Topology:
Screenshot 2023-03-14 at 20.56.37.png

Brash
Kind of a big deal

Had some fun gutting and cable tracing this comms cab that hadn't been touched in years.

Made some 'interesting' discoveries with old phone lines and pairs being split off.

Not the best job in the world (cables were a bit too long and we're waiting on the Meraki kit to arrive) but at least the door closes now!

PXL_20230306_031900210.jpg

PXL_20230306_071052344.jpg

KRobert
Head in the Cloud

An IDF upgrade from Catalyst switches to MS225. This is cabling before, during and after. We even whet with Slim Run cabling, which I highly recommend! I definitely felt spring in the air after this project! 

BeforeBefore

SwitchMove.jpg

CableNew.jpg

zball8888
Conversationalist

Helping a customer upgrade to catalyst 9300s and setting up the Meraki monitoring. Now their MR46 can suck up that sweet 2.5gbs.IMG20230313145307.jpgIMG20230313145253(1).jpg

AmyReyes
Community Manager

UPDATE: this contest has ended. Thank you to everyone who participated. We loved seeing your spring cleaning projects! Congratulations to our three randomly selected winners: @RafeekThevum39@van604, & @Rwideman🎉

KarstenI
Kind of a big deal

Congratulation to the winners, I am a little bit envious ... 😀

Rwideman
Conversationalist

Sweet Meraki swag! Thank you.

RafeekThevum39
Comes here often

Thank you…

van604
Getting noticed

THANK you, awesome swag

Brash
Kind of a big deal

Congratulations too the winners.

Loved seeing all of the before and after shots.

MerryAki
Building a reputation

Congratz, next time i will need some more wellness for the sensor and AP 😄