[CONTEST CLOSED]: Community Challenge: MV Motion Recap

MeredithW
Meraki Alumni (Retired)

Screen Shot 2019-06-07 at 12.18.56 PM.png

Update: This contest has ended! With only one glorious entry, the voting period will be unnecessary. We may run this challenge once again when more community members have gotten their hands on the latest models of MV Cameras 🙂

Join me in congratulating @BrechtSchamp for his winning Motion Recap images!

It’s time for this month’s Community Challenge — starring the new MV feature, Motion Recap!

Motion Recap, recently launched for all second generation MV smart cameras, offers “a revolutionary way to not watch video.” It uses new Motion Search 2.0 technology to take your endless security camera footage and summarize important events in a single image:

Person Approaches Counter, 2019, MV-32 found footage, artist unknownPerson Approaches Counter, 2019, MV-32 found footage, artist unknown

Look, I Made an "M!" 2019, MV-32 intentional footage, artist unknownLook, I Made an "M!" 2019, MV-32 intentional footage, artist unknown

For this challenge, we want to see Motion Recap images of your most fun and/or interesting events caught on camera. These could be captured organically or they could be filmed and directed by your own design. Perhaps you witnessed a flash-mob swing-dancing in the parking lot? Or you ran around in the shape of your initials, just for fun? You might have even thwarted a would-be thief with your prominent and impressive MV cameras! The point is, any Motion Recap that you find interesting or amusing is encouraged, just be sure it complies with the rules listed at the end of this post.

To get your Motion Recap image, follow the steps outlined in our Motion Search and Motion Recap documentation. Once you’ve found a Motion Recap image to your liking, simply download it or take a screenshot and submit it here in a comment. 

Winners of this challenge will receive their own MV Gnome and a pair of Meraki sunnies:

00100dPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20190715132011053_COVER.jpg

How to enter

Submit your contest entry in a comment on this blog post before 11 a.m. PDT on Wednesday (July 24th, 2019). Entries won’t be made public until voting starts. After you submit your entry, you’ll see a message reading “Your post will appear as soon as it is approved.”

How to win

Voting begins when submissions close (at 11 a.m. PDT on Wednesday, July 24th, 2019), and continues through the next work. Voting closes at 11 a.m. PDT on Tuesday, July 30th, 2019. 

The winning entries will be the two with the most kudos! 

The Fine Print

• Limit one entry per community member.
  • Submission period: Tuesday July 16th, 2019 at 11am PDT through Wednesday, July 24th, 2019 at 10:59am PDT
  • Voting period: Wednesday, July 24th, 2019 at 11am PDT through Tuesday, July 30th at 11am PDT
  • Prize will be a selection of Meraki swag with value not exceeding USD 50.00
  • If you choose to submit an image and Meraki posts it, your image will be available worldwide
  • Images should be appropriate and tasteful. They should also not include any children
  • It is your responsibility to provide notice to, and obtain any necessary consents from, any individuals in your images
  • Meraki reserves the right to determine which submissions to post and choose the winner of the contest based on the criteria provided
  • Official terms, conditions, and eligibility information
9 Comments
BrechtSchamp
Kind of a big deal

Unfortunately I don't have access to my own 2nd gen camera's. But I thought out of the box a little and remembered that the Meraki launchpad demo network has cameras so I went and took a look at the footage in that. I found a couple of interesting motion recaps which I didn't want to keep from you all so I made a list of runner ups. I put my personal favorite at the bottom and as such that is my entry to the contest. Enjoy!

7 There were a bunch of self-walking dogs (also called the pet owner bermuda triangle):

self-walking_dog_1.png

self-walking_dog_2.png

self-walking_dog_3.png

self-walking_dog_4.png

3 And then there was this guy which I decided to call Hi-Vis Waldo waldo-red-white-costume. Here he is on his hoverboard:

LED-hoverboard.png

2 I found two floating cyclists. I found the second one to be the funniest so that's my actual entry for this contest:

floating_cyclist_1.png

floating_cyclist_2_meme.png
MeredithW
Meraki Alumni (Retired)

Congratulations, @BrechtSchamp , for your winning Motion Recap images!

BrechtSchamp
Kind of a big deal

Well thank you @MeredithW ! It's a shame we didn't have more entries.

GeorgeFrendl
Getting noticed

Wow. Such a tight competition... Congrats!

GeorgeFrendl
Getting noticed

BTW LMAO on #1

kYutobi
Kind of a big deal

@BrechtSchamp congrats man. 

Nick
Head in the Cloud

It is a difficult thing to get organised - we don't have many of the new models out yet. We then need client approval to use the images etc. Hopefully we can compete with you next time @BrechtSchamp 

SLR
Building a reputation

Congrats dude!

LudwigD
Getting noticed

Congratulations! 

At first I taught, where is this in Ghent?  But then I read the text Smiley Happy

Nicely done !

LD