Announcing the winners of the VLAN challenge

CarolineS
Community Manager

Thank you to EVERYONE who entered the VLAN Challenge. We had 135 fantastic entries, proving again (along with the SD-WAN Challenge) that all ya'll love explaining things. 

And now, without further ado, the winners!

The Community Favorite

Chosen by kudos from community members. @MarcP and @jdsilva each received 6 kudos, so we have to invoke the tiebreaker clause... in case of tie, the entry that was posted first wins. So, congratulations to @MarcP! We loved his analogy - complete with diagram - of floors in a building. Read MarcP's winning entry

The Meraki Favorite

Chosen by a panel of experts here at Meraki. There were SO MANY great entries that choosing just one was quite a challenge, but our team was up to the task. We picked @ASheppard970's entry as a simple and understandable explanation of VLANs. We liked how this entry clearly explained the pain points that VLANs can solve. Read ASheppard970's winning entry.

Congratulations, @MarcP and @ASheppard970! Stay tuned for an email from me to confirm your mailing address for your NEW AWESOME BACKPACK!

25 Comments
BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal

Well done guys!

jdsilva
Kind of a big deal

Congrats to both of you @MarcP  and @ASheppard970 ! 

BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal

@jdsilva  Nice work, MOTM is almost here and you aren't to far behind @PhilipDAth

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal

@jdsilva has been very busy in the last week as well.  It would be well deserved if it did happen.

1.PNG

ASheppard970
Here to help

Thank you to the Meraki committee for selecting me and congrats to @MarcP, as well, for the recognition. Nice job on the entry!!

jdsilva
Kind of a big deal

Thanks guys. Feels like it's been a slower month around here though. 

BrechtSchamp
Kind of a big deal

Gratz guys!

P.S. I need some time to come back here!

MarcP
Kind of a big deal

Thanks mates!

And congrats to @ASheppard970 🙂

@BrechtSchamp hope it will be soon *thumps up*

CarolineS
Community Manager

@MarcP - that new avatar cracks me up!!

MarcP
Kind of a big deal

@CarolineS Haha 😄 perfect, Thanks 🙂 I´ll take it as a compliment

Hope you can see which gnome I´m trying to imitate, hehe

Made a tiny change in the colours now 

kYutobi
Kind of a big deal

Congrats everyone @MarcP @jdsilva @ASheppard970 and @CarolineS thanks as always.

BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal

@MarcP my apologies I forgot to congratulate you as well! Well done and I hope you enjoy the swag!

ASheppard970
Here to help

Just received my SWEET Meraki backpack!  Thanks to @CarolineS and everyone on the committee for this.  I will use it proudly for many years to come...especially on those overnight trips to fix my mom's computer (she's 87 and uses both a computer AND a SmartPhone proficiently)!

And of course I had to stand it up next to my favorite poster in the world.  No, it's not Pamela Anderson in her "Baywatch" outfit!  (OK, showing my age a little.)  It's the Cisco OSI Model poster.  Yep, you guessed it!  Total nerd, here.

Meraki Backpack OSI Poster.jpg

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal

Can I have your Pamela Anderson poster please. 

MarcP
Kind of a big deal

@ASheppard970 I´m jealous 😄 Still not received something over here 

ASheppard970
Here to help

@PhilipDAth, sorry to say but she was tossed out in the early 80s (when I started dating) along with Loni Anderson and Ann & Nancy Wilson ("Heart").  If I did have one, though, I'd be happy to let you have it.

ASheppard970
Here to help

@MarcP, not sure what to tell you!  I presume by "over here" you're referring to somewhere other than the continental US.  Mayhaps your pack is on the slow boat from China.  @CarolineS Any help for our mate, here?

MarcP
Kind of a big deal

Yeah, has to fly to europe 😉 Hopefully tomorrow... can´t wait 😄

MarcP
Kind of a big deal

Yehaaaa, its finally here and replacing this outworn bag instantly:)

IMG_2438.jpg

BrechtSchamp
Kind of a big deal

Nice!

ASheppard970
Here to help

@MarcP , that is awesome!  Although that other case looks a bit like a Violin (or Viola) case, but that might just be perspective in the picture.  Glad to hear you received it, mate!  I'd like to think we're the only two blokes in the world with backpacks as cool as these...but I'm sure there are others.

CarolineS
Community Manager

Yay!! Sorry for the delay, @MarcP!! Glad it finally made it to you. Enjoy!

MarcP
Kind of a big deal

@ASheppard970 haha yeah, don´t think many have got these bags... @CarolineS maybe knows something about it? 😉

My collegues and CIO are already very jealous 😄

@CarolineS No problem, happens sometimes.

jdsilva
Kind of a big deal

@MarcP MotM got them a few months ago, but otherwise I've never seen them anywhere else.

https://community.meraki.com/t5/Community-Announcements/Congratulations-to-our-February-2019-Members...

MarcP
Kind of a big deal

oh, MotM´s get something as well?

o I need to be more active and give more solutions to get more Meraki swag, haha