[CONTEST ENDED] Join the Meraki Community Scavenger Hunt!

AmyReyes
Community Manager

UPDATE: This contest has ended. Thank you to everyone who participated in the scavenger hunt, and a HUGE congrats to our randomly selected lucky winner 🎉@dexter_king! We will be in touch soon to confirm your mailing address. 

We’re so excited to be attending Cisco Live again this year in Las Vegas! Our very own Head of Community, @MeredithW, will be there in person to welcome you at the Meraki Learning Booth #9903 in the World Solutions Center. This event will be jam packed with lots of engaging sessions, and we even have some fun activities in store for you - with a chance to win some amazing prizes!

Meraki Community CLUS Scavenger Hunt.png

To make things interesting, we’re running a Meraki Community Scavenger Hunt for our members all throughout this week and next. Completing the first 3 activities on the list will earn you one entry into a drawing for a Nintendo Switch. If that’s not exciting enough, you can earn an additional entry for each extra activity you complete – for a total of up to 7 entries! 

Check out the list of qualifying activities below!

Earn your first entry into the contest:

1.   Register for a Meraki Community account if you don’t have one already. Go to the homepage and click "Register or Sign In" in the top right corner.

2.   Join the CLUS 2023 Meraki Lounge group.

3.   Enroll in any Meraki Learning course at https://learning.meraki.net and comment below with the name of the course.

Earn an additional entry for each extra activity you complete:

4.   Take a selfie with @MeredithW or anyone from the Meraki Learning team, or another Meraki community member, and share it to social media with the hashtags #MerakiCommunity #MerakiLearning and #CiscoLive. Comment below with a link to your social post. 

Find the gnomes hiding at Meraki booths and in the presentations or handouts of special Meraki sessions. Each gnome you find counts as one additional entry. Here is what the gnome looks like for reference:
mv-clear (1).png

5.   One gnome is hiding at the Cisco Networking Booth (formerly Meraki Lounge).

6.   Find the gnome hiding in a handout for one of the Meraki Walk-in Labs and comment below with the page number the gnome is on.
Hint: No technical expertise required for you to get hands-on in this lab.  

7.   Locate which slide a gnome is hiding on in a Meraki speaker session and comment below with the slide number.
Hint: This session will have you webHOOKED on using the many Meraki dashboard alerting settings together with the API. 

8.   Find the gnome hiding on one of the slides in another Meraki speaker session and comment below with the slide number.
Hint: This session will have you ready to use Meraki Wireless for all your enterprise goals. 

9.   Find the gnome hiding at the Cisco Small and Medium Business Booth.

Once you’ve completed all of your chosen activities, comment below with a list of the ones you’ve checked off! Please note that comments to this blog will remain hidden throughout the duration of the contest.

How to win 

Complete the first 3 activities by Thursday, June 15th at 10am PDT for one entry into a drawing to win a Nintendo Switch. For each additional activity you complete, you will earn an additional entry into the drawing, for a max total of 7 possible entries. Posts will remain hidden throughout the contest until the final day when a winner is chosen. We’ll announce the winner here on this blog post.  Please note that you must be a resident of one of the countries in the Eligible Countries list in order to win. 

TERMS & CONDITIONS
60 Comments
ksbrowning
Here to help

Enrolled in MS Fundamental Implementation

Naveed
Conversationalist

Course Name is Meraki Platform Fundamentals

mrsedam1
Here to help

Introducing Meraki Switches

J-Edge
Conversationalist

Enrolled in Node-RED: Introduction Module!

Aghimire
New here

First 3 completed! I’ve registered for the course: Using Air Marshal to Secure Your Network.

Tae_Fusion
Conversationalist

Troubleshooting with Meraki

ZachE768
Here to help

Enrolled in Evaluating Wireless Network Performance

AThyri
Comes here often

Just enrolled in "Intro to Cisco+ Secure Connect"

bullfrog3459
Conversationalist

Evaluating Wireless Network Performance

bullfrog3459
Conversationalist

I have completed 1, 2, 3.

McGruff753
Conversationalist

Introducing Meraki Cloud-First Wireless

cstier
Comes here often

Troubleshooting Wireless Client Connectivity

IPlugStuffin
Conversationalist

I enrolled in https://learning.meraki.net/#/online-courses/1ceb43b8-e35f-4c24-920e-3de9820243be Introducing the Meraki Platform

Glad I saw this email. I have been using Meraki Dashboard for 5 years now and never knew there were training courses. I have trained my self through trial and error with some help from Documentation.meraki.com

Stilgar
Here to help

I signed up for the MR advanced portions course.  Looking forward to getting started with it.

Freebird
Conversationalist

Meraki MT Sensors

I'll be honest I had forgotten the online courses even exist. I miss the CMNA courses back in the day in person. 

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I thought I'd test my MR knowledge, so enrolled in: https://learning.meraki.net/#/curricula/c5700049-16db-4826-a2c7-7ddd02db7a74

The MR advanced course 🙂

Beeapp
New here

Completed 1-6

rhbirkelund
Kind of a big deal

Enrolled in Intro to Cisco+ Secure Connect 

DMartin6
Just browsing

Just enrolled in the MR Product Intro course!

Looking forward to all the training offered for the Meraki products I use and those I may use in the future!

Johis
Conversationalist

The MT course is great. It helps you to understand the technology and all the features. Thank you

LeslieC
Conversationalist

I enrolled in: Introducing Meraki MT sensor 

ksbrowning
Here to help

Found the Gnome in the Cloud networking booth

ksbrowning
Here to help
Inderdeep
Kind of a big deal

Meraki Product Deep Dives (MX, MI, MS, MR, MV, SM)

GrantP
Conversationalist

I was looking for courses that go into the Meraki security cameras, but didn't see anything. I ended up signing up to learn more about the MT sensors!

https://learning.meraki.net/#/online-courses/a08b5836-2fd2-4626-810b-d7609024591b

SuzanneLitalien
Comes here often
cypherphreak
New here

I enrolled in CMNA again?

cypherphreak
New here

image.jpg

SeanFFC
Here to help
matt-shelley
New here
jesus_avila_h
Conversationalist
R1ceBurner
New here

Taking the Meraki Platform Fundamentals course!

Choppy148
Here to help
Darryl_CRH
Comes here often

Just enrolled in the Meraki Platform Fundamentals course; had no idea there were training modules available.

Thank you and good luck to all.

tbsvk
Comes here often

Enrolled to " Licensing and Inventory" online course
https://learning.meraki.net/#/online-courses/af7c1f1e-fa11-4593-adab-76e66d2b6a44

MaciejZielinski
Comes here often

Great course Expanding Your Business With Meraki MV - https://learning.meraki.net/#/online-courses/fde30bcc-0bda-4691-a261-c292fc4a5810

Ahmed_Elansary
Just browsing

I enrolled in MR Advanced Operations

MaciejZielinski
Comes here often

Really good course - Starting the MV Customer Conversation - https://learning.meraki.net/#/online-courses/46e5db17-f448-4248-82cf-f34d05071aea

DawieESA
Comes here often
RicoW
Conversationalist

Thanks for the mail with the reference to the Meraki learning dashboard.

I enrolled in https://learning.meraki.net/#/online-courses/90fdc9ab-061d-43bd-8deb-608646ac1734 Intro to Cisco Secure Connect.

BazilDeans
Conversationalist

MS fundamentals just to get me started... then who knows 🙂

Massimiliano
Conversationalist
rwiesmann
A model citizen
rwiesmann
A model citizen

Found one Gnome in Session 

Meraki Wireless: Ready for Enterprise - BRKEWN-2035

on Slide 72

Cchandler3131
New here

I enrolled in troubleshooting wireless.

Rayman
New here

I enrolled in the Troubleshooting Wireless Client Connectivity module

https://learning.meraki.net/#/online-courses/1f90d9dd-db9c-4377-9038-1fcd43f3c3ef

dexter_king
Conversationalist
rwiesmann
A model citizen

Found one Gnome in on Cisco Networking Booth at Cisco Networking Cloud Ecosystem

20230606_125711.jpg

DanielWahlsten
Getting noticed
DanielWahlsten
Getting noticed
TyShawn
A model citizen

I enrolled in "Introducing Meraki MT Sensors"

SilviaS
Here to help

First course MR Product Intro. I didn`t know this was a thing - luckily now i know.

I completed activities one to three.

jdsilva
Kind of a big deal

I enrolled in Introducing Meraki MT Sensors

Stilgar
Here to help

1- done

2- done

3- I enrolled in the MR advance implementation course

4- Got a chance to get a few Meraki selfies:

5- I found the gnome in Cisco Networking booth - Cisco Networking Cloud Ecosystem station

sportinos
Comes here often

Spyros Portinos MR Advanced OPerations 

ReimarPapruz
New here

I am enrolled to this training: Meraki Platform Fundamentals

dexter_king
Conversationalist

I managed to complete items 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, and 9.

1. Joined the community

2. Joined the CLUS Meraki Lounge

3. Enrolled in "introducing Meraki Switches"

4. Got a pic with Meredith and posted it on my Linkedin. https://www.linkedin.com/posts/dexternicholasking_merakicommunity-merakilearning-ciscolive-activity-...

5. Networking booth gnome located Networking Booth Gnome.jpg

6. WIL gnome located WIL Gnome.jpg

9. Small and medium business booth gnome located Small and Medium Business Gnome.jpg

This was a lot of fun to participate in during Cisco Live! Thanks to the community staff for putting this together. Hopefully I'll get the chance to see everyone again next year.

- Dexter

TusharD1
Conversationalist

1 - Done

2 - Done

3 - Done (Meraki FIT - English)

5 - Done

6 - Done

7 -Done

8 - Done

9 - Done

AmyReyes
Community Manager

UPDATE: This contest has ended. Thank you to everyone who participated in the scavenger hunt, and a HUGE congrats to our randomly selected lucky winner 🎉@dexter_king! We will be in touch soon to confirm your mailing address. 

Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.