un-claim a missing device

Solved
Roey1984
Building a reputation

un-claim a missing device

Hello

I have a Cisco Meraki MR44 Access Point that I`m unable to find.

We purchased it a few years back (2021) and it seems like its not connected to our companies network.

We have four locations, and i searched all of them, and I couldn`t find it.

I have the order number + serial number.

Although it was claimed to the dashboard a long time ago, it seems like its not connected to any network. What are the implications if i unclaim it? Will I be able to claim it at a later time?

thank you!

1 Accepted Solution
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Yes, you can claim on the dashboard without any problems. But make sure it wasn't stolen or anything like that, because if someone else has the serial number, they can register it with another organization.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Yes, you can claim on the dashboard without any problems. But make sure it wasn't stolen or anything like that, because if someone else has the serial number, they can register it with another organization.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
Roey1984
Building a reputation

Thank you very much!

have a great day

BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

You could ask support if they can see when it was last connected however you will need to do this BEFORE removing it from your dashboard. 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels