Windows 10 version 20H2 does not connect to the meraki SSID

Electronic20
Here to help

Windows 10 version 20H2 does not connect to the meraki SSID

I have windows version 20H2 devices, which do not connect to the SSIDs that have "Meraki Cloud AUthentication" authentication, a user with a password was created in "User management portal" the user is the email and a password.

But using the same account but on a computer that has windows version 22H2 if it connects.

Please help me solve this issue, since in other Wi-Fi solutions the equipment does connect.
12 Replies 12
DarrenOC
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Hi @Electronic20 , please reach out to Meraki support.  You can find the contact details within your dashboard 

Darren OConnor | doconnor@resalire.co.uk
https://www.linkedin.com/in/darrenoconnor/

I'm not an employee of Cisco/Meraki. My posts are based on Meraki best practice and what has worked for me in the field.
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Try disabling 802.11w and 802.11r.

alemabrahao_0-1690278621184.png

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

Hi, @alemabrahao 

I have this configuration implemented.

Electronic20_0-1690295762432.png

Electronic20_1-1690295807988.png

You are using 802.1x with "Meraki Cloud AUthentication", but it does not register with username (email) and password, defined in this option:

Electronic20_2-1690296057439.png

With windows 22H2 if you connect, but using the same account you can not connect with computers that have windows 20H2, but if I change it with to PSK if you connect the laptop with windows 20H2.

Electronic20_3-1690296308496.png

Would Meraki have any blocking option? If so, which Meraki option should be reviewed to unlock said option?

About Two-factor authentication it's just a recommendation. Is the user authorized on the dashboard?

alemabrahao_0-1690297120517.png

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

I am not using Two-factor authentication, I am only creating the account for 802.1x for "Meraki Cloud AUthentication", the user is authorized, also that same user I try it on another laptop with version of windows 22H2 and if the account works.

But with the version of windows 20H2 the account does not work, this error message appears:
Electronic20_0-1690321162575.png

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Is it the same hardware, what is the wireless chipset and if intel, what driver versions are used?

update the version of windows 20H2 to 22H2 and if you can connect the wifi with 802.1x of the "Meraki Cloud AUthentication", apparently it is not wireless chipset.

la versión 20H2 tendrá alguna incompatibilidad con el Meraki usando el  "Meraki Cloud AUthentication"?

Just updated the Windows machine. It's not a Meraki issue.

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@Electronic20 Windows 10 22H2 will have newer drivers for most wireless chipsets.  If the devices have intel chipsets the driver update that is part of 22H2 could be the fix.  If you cannot update the other devices to 22H2 then try to get the latest wireless drivers on to one and see if that fixes the problem.

BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

If updating solves the problem then why not update the devices? 20H2 is very long in the tooth now. 

The end customer does not want to update the equipment since there are several and it takes too long, it indicates that with other manufacturers of Wi-Fi equipment it can connect without problems without considering whether Windows 10 has version 20H2 or 22H2

I'm sorry, but in addition to fixing bugs, updates are important to fix system vulnerabilities. Does he have this in mind?

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels