Why my MR46 lose configuration

TCK
Just browsing

Why my MR46 lose configuration

Hi,

we currently have over 500 WiFi access points in our park. This morning, we experienced a strange incident that we hadn't observed before. There was a power outage in one of the buildings. When the power was restored, the main router was offline, causing the access points to lose connection to their dashboard. What's peculiar is that all of them lost their configuration; they were no longer broadcasting any SSID and were flashing in rainbow colors.It's as if they underwent a factory reset.

Could you explain it please ?

Thanks

8 Replies 8
RaphaelL
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Thanks for the document.

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

They should not have done that.

Are they running a current stable firmware release or better?

Yes the firmware is MR 30.5.

In the previous document, I read that acces points have normally reboot after 8 hours because they can't access to their gateway. It doesn't explain why they have lose their configuration.

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Did they all power down or stay powered up but just lose connectivity to the internet?

TCK
Just browsing

I wasn't on site, but I believe that all power was cut off electrically for a few hours.

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I think the behaviour from power up is that the AP takes ages to go beyond the cycling colours.  In my experience it can just sit there in that mode.

TCK
Just browsing

Do you think that with more patience, the Wi-Fi would have been operational again? Perhaps after a few hours? (even if the my gateway was ko)

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels