MR78 operating temperature

SedatPamay
Just browsing

MR78 operating temperature

Hello All ,

According to Datasheet of MR78 , operating temperature: -4 °F to 131 °F (-20 °C to 55 °C) .

I will use MR78 in temperatures of -18/-19 °C. However, since -19 °C was very close to the minimum operating temperature, I am not sure that it can work well for a long time.

Has anyone tested the AP at these temperatures for a long time? Can I use it at these temperatures for a long time without any problems?

Regards

Sedat Pamay

4 Replies 4
cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@SedatPamay the device will usually operate outside of the datasheet parameters, but as long as you are within them then you will be fully supported and should expect good reliability.

Hi ,  Thanks for your reply ,

I thought the same way, but the temperatures will be at the limit and this may not be good for the device life in the long term. So we I will to change the mounting place and move forward with the MR76 model for a guaranteed solution.

Regards

Sedat Pamay

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I don't know the answer.

A simple solution might be to put the AP into an ABS electrical box and put a small light into it (not LED).  The light will generate a small amount of heat, and might just light the temperature a couple of degrees in a small confined space.

Hi ,

Thanks for your answer, 

This is good idea , ı can use it other projects 🙂

But unfortunately I cannot use this solution due to some installation restrictions.

I am continue with MR76 models AP becasue of its wider temperature ranges. 

Best Regards

Sedat Pamay

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels