Why is managing an MR AP, is expensive than a CW AP?

Solved
FlyingFrames
Building a reputation

Why is managing an MR AP, is expensive than a CW AP?

FlyingFrames_0-1714485850060.pngFlyingFrames_1-1714485867301.png

FlyingFrames_2-1714485967686.png

Even a smaller spec'd MR AP than MR57 e.g. MR46 has higher license cost than the CW APs. 

What is the reason behind this?

1 Accepted Solution
Ryan_Miles
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

That's from the Product Catalog and it has several errors that need correcting on multiple models.

As @GreenMan stated all Meraki APs use the same licenses and therefore should be the same cost.

From what I see the only one that's correct (of the Wi-Fi 6E models) is the MR57.

MR571$201.00$402.00
 3$452.00$904.00
 5$753.00$1,506.00
 7$1,054.00-

I'll check with Marketing to see why there appear to be errors on the site.

UPDATE - Marketing is aware and has tickets open to fix the errors.

Ryan / Meraki SE

If you found this post helpful, please give it Kudos. If my answer solved your problem click Accept as Solution so others can benefit from it.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
GreenMan
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

That's not right - assuming you are buying the CW APs in Meraki mode, they all use the same license SKU, assuming you choose the same license level (, either Enterprise (entry) or Advanced) & duration.   Where did you find that page, from which you've provided screenshots?

I'm wondering if the CW models are showing DNA licensing (i.e. for use with a WLC)

Ryan_Miles
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

That's from the Product Catalog and it has several errors that need correcting on multiple models.

As @GreenMan stated all Meraki APs use the same licenses and therefore should be the same cost.

From what I see the only one that's correct (of the Wi-Fi 6E models) is the MR57.

MR571$201.00$402.00
 3$452.00$904.00
 5$753.00$1,506.00
 7$1,054.00-

I'll check with Marketing to see why there appear to be errors on the site.

UPDATE - Marketing is aware and has tickets open to fix the errors.

Ryan / Meraki SE

If you found this post helpful, please give it Kudos. If my answer solved your problem click Accept as Solution so others can benefit from it.
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I never new this tool existed.  Interesting!

An additional warning to those using this tool - Cisco have multiple global price books (usually one assigned per region or theatre).  This is probably using the USA price book, and if you are not in that theatre, expect differences.

But still a good tool for comparing the relative magnitude of costs between different solutions.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels