What is reason code 2?

LakesideLion
Getting noticed

What is reason code 2?

We're getting a lot of disconnections for reason code 2.   

What does "the previously used authentication by client is no longer valid" mean?

4 Replies 4
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Reason code means Invalid authentication. What type of authentication are you using? Can you give us information about the configurations? Like, Maximum bitrate, authentication, etc.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

The SSID was setup to do 802.1X with Radius.  Our radius is through Network Policy Server.  Not sure where to find the other info you mention.

Hi
We had the same issue and it was because we reused an old SSID. Disable the SSID with the problems and create a new one with the same config.

Hectorojas
New here

I have the same issue. We have 3 sites and only 1 site is experiencing this problem.

We have wpa/wpa2 authentication and all our AP’s are using the default “Basic Indoor Profile” the issue is affecting Android devices more than other OS.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels