What information is displayed on the packaging of Access Points (MR-series)?

Solved
JonathanHa
Here to help

What information is displayed on the packaging of Access Points (MR-series)?

Hey community,

does anyone know if the MAC-Address is also somewhere displayed outside the packaging?
We are mainly receiving MR46, MR46E, MR56 and MR76 and need this information for printing the AP's labels as early as possible (before sites do unpack the assets).

As we are working completely remotely and manage multiple site migration I do not have the chance to acutally "touch" the package prior to its final destination.

If someone can also post an example, that'd be great

Thanks in advance from Germany
Jonathan

1 Accepted Solution
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Yes, it has. 🙂

It even has a barcode in case you want to use a barcode reader.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Yes, it has. 🙂

It even has a barcode in case you want to use a barcode reader.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Just received various photos from our warehouse... no MAC address visible 🙄
Is this maybe country specific?

JonathanHa_0-1693917975868.png

Not sure unless they changed something in the process, or I'm getting it confused with the APs Catalyst boxes.

JonathanHa
Here to help

Great news! Thanks a lot

Brash
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I'm not aware of Meraki boxes containing the Mac addresses on them.

Here is a photo of an MR33 box for reference.

PXL_20230905_123845555.MP~2.jpg

Exactly what I was getting confirmed for the MR46 - thanks!

TBHPTL
A model citizen

If you have the serial number you have the MAC. Claim the gear and the dashboard will list the MAC's for you.

Sorry for the really dumb questions, but what does the claiming process look like and is there a possibility to export such infos for e.g. a complete site where I claimed several dozens of APs?

This might sound very stupid, but in my current role we are not even allowed to have reading access on the dashboard. We use a central warehouse to "order" Meraki Hardware for a planned rollout / migration onsite. During this process the central warehouse pre-configure material (= claiming?) and then send the material to the warehouse the migration will take place. At that point we already need to have tha MAC address in place as there is planned to have a sticker/label on each AP containing a number and the last four digit of the MAC address.

Yes, you can export. Since you don't have access to the panel, you can ask someone to export it for you.

alemabrahao_0-1694004494215.png

There is a physical barcode and mac on EACH physical AP that can be scanned. Contact your admin who should be able to get you an export based upon the network container to which they have assigned the serial number, they can easily export this as a csv file.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels