Walled garden not working

BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Walled garden not working

I have created a test network that requires authentication via a splash page however I would like user to still be able to access some things on the network without authenticating. I have allowed non-http traffic and setup a walled garden however this isn't working as tested via ping. 

Screen Shot 2022-12-22 at 1.59.17 PM.png

6 Replies 6
Ryan_Miles
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Can you ping meraki.com? Or you cannot ping that or anything in the 192.168.11.0 subnet? Is ICMP allowed through to that subnet?

Ryan / Meraki SE

If you found this post helpful, please give it Kudos. If my answer solved your problem click Accept as Solution so others can benefit from it.

@Ryan_Miles  Yes ICMP is allowed and no I cannot ping Meraki.com or anything on the 192.168.11.x subnet unless I authenticate. 

Splash page timer of 30 minutes isn't working either. 

Tomasz_2023
New here

@BlakeRichardson Did you manage to solve this problem?

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

We use the walled garden feature and have a list of URLs that are allowed pre authentication.  We do block all except the walled garden list.  It does work for us, but we have domains listed more like *.meraki.com as opposed to what is shown above.

I gave up on using it. 

Tomasz_2023
New here

@cmr @BlakeRichardson Thank you for your reply

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels