WPA3 compatibility with Local Auth?

jaymon123
Here to help

WPA3 compatibility with Local Auth?

I'm trying to use the "Enterprise with Local Auth" option for security on a SSID, and WPA2 is the highest version of WPA that is listed under the "WPA encryption" field.  If I choose the "Password" option, WPA3 is available as expected.

image.png

1. Is the unavailability of WPA3 with Local Auth expected behavior?
  2. Will WPA3 be available with Local Auth in the futuree?
6 Replies 6
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

It's not available yet.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

But coming?

Nothing officially published.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Actually, I'm almost sure that it's not supported.

https://documentation.meraki.com/MR/Wi-Fi_Basics_and_Best_Practices/WPA3_Encryption_and_Configuratio...

I'm pretty sure it isn't supported.  I'm more wondering if it's expected in the future.  Maybe a Cisco employee can chime in.

KarstenI
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

It could be easily supported as all needed building blocks are already available on the AP. I would expect that the demand is quite low as this is more of a niche feature. I just gave feedback on the config page that WPA3 is missing.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels