Unable to Reset Cisco Meraki MR46 Due to Lost Password

Waqas1
New here

Unable to Reset Cisco Meraki MR46 Due to Lost Password

I have a Cisco Meraki MR46, but I have lost its password. When I try to reset it using the reset button, it doesn't reset.

4 Replies 4
ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Hi, 

Is the device online on the dashboard?

The password should be on your meraki dashboard. Network-wide >general> device config

You can also try, 

use the serial number of the device (upper case letters and dashes) as the username with no password.

If it doesnt reset pressing the button 30 seconds then you should contact meraki support

GIdenJoe
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Also if you correctly hold down the button you should see the led flashing and when it stops you may release the button.  It will then revert back to the serial number as username.

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

This is the procedure to factory reset an MR.  I promise you - it does work.

https://documentation.meraki.com/General_Administration/Support/Resetting_Cisco_Meraki_Devices_to_Fa...

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Also note that if you are talking about the local status page password, as soon as the MR has been factory reset it will download its configuration and restore the password.

The username will either be the serial number in captials, and no password, or whatever you have configured under Network-Wide/General.

PhilipDAth_0-1727035605032.png

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels