Sponsored guests reporting and who approved for WiFi

DPJW
Conversationalist

Sponsored guests reporting and who approved for WiFi

Hi,

Is there possible for Meraki Dashboard to show sponsor guests and who approved the guests? 

8 Replies 8
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Yes, It is. Refer the documentation.

https://documentation.meraki.com/MR/Encryption_and_Authentication/Sponsored_Guest

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
Shubh3738
Getting noticed

@DPJW Go to network wide then configure users. After that check authorized by.

DPJW
Conversationalist

Hi @Shubh3738 , I'm not using Meraki Authentication. Just purely open Wifi with sponsored guest login. Hence, when I navigate to network wide and then configure users, I don't see anything

alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@DPJW 

Check the documentation. I think that it will help you.

https://documentation.meraki.com/MR/Encryption_and_Authentication/Sponsored_Guest

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

DPJW
Conversationalist

Hi @alemabrahao , I had reviewed the documentation. However, there is no anything that referring to what I need. My main intention is to have a list that shows all the sponsors that approved the guest, for audit purpose. Does Meraki Dashboard have this feature? 

alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

You can only see it in the details of the clients page.

alemabrahao_0-1684769201936.png

DPJW
Conversationalist

Yea, this is what I found out as well. Unfortunately, Meraki yet to have the options to generate the list of sponsors that authorized the guest. 

BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

You might be able to see that info by going to Wireless > Splash Logins although I don't have a network configured that way so can't tell for sure. 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels