Splash logins

Solved
Pafor
New here

Splash logins

Hello,

I am new to Cisco meraki dashboard and it's functionality.
I have set-up WiFi Guest network, where Im useing access control metod via Sponsored Guest login with OWE.
Everything is working fine, devices are able to join the network, once someone confirm the access request.

However, when Iam searching for some brief table of guest-devices login expiration time and brief informations who granted access to those guest-devices I cant find any.
My Wireless->Splash Login page is empty, even throught 2 Guest machines are authenticated via Splas page and visibe under Network-Wide->Clients.

Thnak you in advance.

1 Accepted Solution
Kevin_R
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Hello @Pafor,

Unfortunately the information found on the Network-wide > Monitor > Clients page when searching for individual clients that are using sponsored guest is the only place to see this information on Dashboard. The Wireless > Monitor > Splash Logins page only records information for SSIDs configured to use "Sign-on splash" options, which sponsored guest login does not fall under. The introduction for this KB goes over what counts as a "Sign-on splash" and shows an example of what the Wireless > Splash login page looks like when it is active: https://documentation.meraki.com/MR/MR_Splash_Page/Splash_Page_Traffic_Flow_and_Troubleshooting

You can use the Network-wide > Clients page to filter for devices that are online and connected to a sponsored guest SSID (use the first dropdown next to the "Usage and clients" heading to filter for a specific SSID). From there, you can apply another filter to see only online clients (if desired). This will allow you to see client devices that are online and connected to the sponsored guest SSID, which may help more easily locate the information you looking for individual devices. Yes, this will still require selecting each device in turn to find the expiration and who granted access, but if the connected device count is relatively low, applying these filters should allow you to search the list quickly.

Additionally, I would recommend using the "Give your feedback" button on the bottom right corner of any Dashboard page to request that a sponsored guest tracking page be added as a feature to Dashboard.

If you found this post helpful, please give it kudos. If my answer solved your problem, click "accept as solution" so that others can benefit from it.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
Kevin_R
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Hello @Pafor,

Unfortunately the information found on the Network-wide > Monitor > Clients page when searching for individual clients that are using sponsored guest is the only place to see this information on Dashboard. The Wireless > Monitor > Splash Logins page only records information for SSIDs configured to use "Sign-on splash" options, which sponsored guest login does not fall under. The introduction for this KB goes over what counts as a "Sign-on splash" and shows an example of what the Wireless > Splash login page looks like when it is active: https://documentation.meraki.com/MR/MR_Splash_Page/Splash_Page_Traffic_Flow_and_Troubleshooting

You can use the Network-wide > Clients page to filter for devices that are online and connected to a sponsored guest SSID (use the first dropdown next to the "Usage and clients" heading to filter for a specific SSID). From there, you can apply another filter to see only online clients (if desired). This will allow you to see client devices that are online and connected to the sponsored guest SSID, which may help more easily locate the information you looking for individual devices. Yes, this will still require selecting each device in turn to find the expiration and who granted access, but if the connected device count is relatively low, applying these filters should allow you to search the list quickly.

Additionally, I would recommend using the "Give your feedback" button on the bottom right corner of any Dashboard page to request that a sponsored guest tracking page be added as a feature to Dashboard.

If you found this post helpful, please give it kudos. If my answer solved your problem, click "accept as solution" so that others can benefit from it.

Hello @Kevin_R ,

Thank you very much for the information.
I'll submit the feedback on dashboard.

Wish you a nice day!

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels