SSID with Two Gateways

Solved
Aztec_Ninja
Getting noticed

SSID with Two Gateways

I arrived at site today with an MX68 and MR33. There is an issue with a SSID which is assigning the endpoints two Gateways. One Gateway IP is valid and there is erroneous. Traffic is flowing correctly to the Internet but services on the LAN like printing are not. The SSID in question was setup with Layer 3 Roaming and VLAN Tagging. The tag is set to the correct VLAN with DHCP enabled. However there is only a single MR. There are no errors from the MX or AP, routing table looks good. Firmware: MX 18.107.2 MR 29.7.1 Any ideas?
1 Accepted Solution
Aztec_Ninja
Getting noticed

The issue was resolved by removing the Block LAN on the wireless firewall and traffic shaping.  The double gateways really through me off.  

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Look, I don't think that's possible. Are you sure the client does not have a static IP configured?

Why are you using L3 roaming?
I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

I am taking over network so not 100% sure why, maybe they were future proofing.  I am going to test with a new SSID to confirm if it behaves the same way.

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

What other network equipment is in use at the site?

We are using the MX and MR on Internal network, with a ISP Router at the edge.  

Aztec_Ninja
Getting noticed

The issue was resolved by removing the Block LAN on the wireless firewall and traffic shaping.  The double gateways really through me off.  

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels