SSD for use Whatsapp only

Mohamed-Nada
New here

SSD for use Whatsapp only

Hello All

I have Meraki cloud controller and I add SSD for staff in my company and I configure everything I need.

This network allow staff to use Whatsapp only and they can send and recieved Text but for media is not allow (Pictures and videos)

I make Firewall policy to block everything and I allow three ports for whatsapp (5222 , 5223 , 3478) so I need to allow media for whatsapp only and not open for others apps.

Thanks in advance .....

10 Replies 10
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I'm sorry, but what you want doesn't make any sense.

Whatsapp uses TCP 443 (HTTPS) to pass the majority of the connection traffic but it also uses TCP 80 (HTTP). If voice is used, then ports 4244, 5222, 5223, 5228,50318, 59234 & 5242 are used. UDP Ports: 34784, 45395, 50318, 59234.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

This ports open Facebook media and still whatsapp not

almightythor
Here to help

If you identify the traffic you can tag it in Meraki to allow it. You might try these other ports for whatsapp also:

TCP: 4244,5222,5223,5228,5242
TCP/UDP: 50318,59234
UDP: 3478,45395

This ports open Facebook media and still whatsapp not

which port are you referring to? You can block the facebook app and still open any port. Please post a screenshot of your firewall rules for this port and censor any private details

W1.png

You need to allow DNS.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

But I personally don't think this will work. It would be easier if you had a layer 7 firewall.

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I would give up now.  I don't think you'll be able to achieve what you want, but you will lose a lot of time trying.

BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Trying to block Facebook and allow Whats app's wont work as they are both owned by the parent company Meta and they are so heavily entwined.

It's the same as trying to allow Gmail but block Youtube, it's pretty much impossible. 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels