Roaming information not visible

Solved
Duijv023
Here to help

Roaming information not visible

While troubleshooting reported issues from a device 5GHz-only client, I was zooming in to it by selecting its MAC / IP address.

The device has been connected and working all the time, and that is confirmed in the dashboard.
But when I switch to the tab "roaming", the timeline remains empty, no matter what period I select. And yes... I waited multiple minutes for the data to be 'served' and the device has roamed indeed (visible in timeline)

Does anyone know what I can do?
Or does this work on 2,4GHz enabled devices only?

1 Accepted Solution
ConnorL
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Hey @Duijv023,

There's an issue at the moment that Engineering are aware of whereby the Roaming Analytics tab is not showing data/events, it's currently being reviewed. I would recommend opening a case with Support so we can properly track affected customers and Support can provide updates as to when it's been resolved.

I'll try to remember to bump this thread too when it's been resolved, but can't promise I'll be lightning fast!

Cheers,

Connor

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7
Duijv023
Here to help

Duijv023_0-1709282362768.pngDuijv023_1-1709282396526.png

RaptorUK
Conversationalist

Hi Duijv023, I can confirm that my Meraki dashboard is not showing roaming data for any of my clients; this is a recent observation. I was troubleshooting an issue with one of my sites in early February, and Romaing data was present. I was going to log this as a bug with the support team. 

A collegue confirmed he did not see the information in his tenant and client devices too:
So I submmitted a support case as it may be a generic issue for our european zone

ConnorL
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Hey @Duijv023,

There's an issue at the moment that Engineering are aware of whereby the Roaming Analytics tab is not showing data/events, it's currently being reviewed. I would recommend opening a case with Support so we can properly track affected customers and Support can provide updates as to when it's been resolved.

I'll try to remember to bump this thread too when it's been resolved, but can't promise I'll be lightning fast!

Cheers,

Connor

I've already opened a case (#11407796) earlier this morning,

Thanks in advance and greetings from Holland!
Alexander

Hey @Duijv023 , this has been resolved now 🙂 

ConnorL_0-1709918886201.png

Thnx!

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels