New MR 30.1 beta firmware - introducing RadSec, VLAN profiles and more!

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

New MR 30.1 beta firmware - introducing RadSec, VLAN profiles and more!

Wireless firmware versions MR 30.1 changelog

Important note

• While Meraki APs have traditionally relied on UDP port 7351 for cloud communication, and TCP ports 80 and 443 for backup communications, with MR 28+ we are beginning the transition to using TCP port 443 as the primary means for cloud connectivity. In order to ensure proper connectivity to the Meraki cloud after this upgrade, please ensure that all “Meraki cloud communication” traffic specified in the "Help" > "Firewall Info" page is allowed through any firewalls or security devices that are deployed upstream of your Meraki APs. These requirements have been updated in November of 2022, so it is important that you review them. (Wi-Fi 6 and Wi-Fi 6E APs)
  • WEP deprecation (https://documentation.meraki.com/MR/Encryption_and_Authentication/WEP_Deprecation_on_MRs)

Legacy product notice

• When configured for this version, MR12, MR16, MR18, MR24, MR26, MR32, MR34, MR62, MR66, and MR72 will run MR 26.8.3

New feature

Enhancement

Bug fixes

• General stability and performance improvements
  • DNS resolution over IPv6
  • Invalid PMKID when client roams using WPA3-SAE
  • AP may change the gateway's MAC address when it receives a spoofed unicast ARP request
  • AP may not send or respond to UDP tests from a Secondary MX Concentrator

Known issues

• Sporadic packet loss & instability on Layer 3 roaming & Teleworker VPN SSID's (Wi-Fi 5 Wave 2 and Wi-Fi 6 APs)
4 Replies 4
cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I've been running it on a network with MR55, MR56 and CW9166 for a couple of weeks and it is a stable beta when using the existing features.  I haven't tested the new features yet...

AlbertT
Here to help

Finally UNII-3 Support in the EU. 🎉

Can more info be given also because in the Netherlands for example in UNII-3 the transmit power may be less than for UNII-1.

Mloraditch
Building a reputation

Are the Radsec settings supposed to be visible on the dashboard yet? The doc mentions them but then goes into detail on how to set the certificates up via the api? I upgraded a test network and don't see anything new.

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I believe it is API only at the moment.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels