Meraki external antennas

Nrox
Conversationalist

Meraki external antennas

Hello everyone !

How could i set external antennas for Meraki MR74/76 for all the access points in my organisation. We use omni for 2.4Ghz band and sector antenna for 5 Ghz band. I could not find any settings in profile and working with individual access points is hectic.

Thank you in advance for the solutions.

3 Replies 3
cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@Nrox most Meraki antennas are smart and tell the AP what they are, which antenna models do you have or are looking to use?

Nrox
Conversationalist

We are using MA-ANT-20 (omni) for 2.4 Ghz band and MA-ANT-21 (sector) for 5Ghz band for MR74 or MR76 AP. They only pick sector antennas by default. It would be easier if we can create a template or profile for this settings, as these need to be configured in more than 100s of AP.

I am expecting any script or any feature in template, that could help me configure this settings. Thanks @cmr

Hi Nrox,

Just wanted to know how, if you use the Antennas omni and sector in different directions and does it really cover signal for both 2.4 and 5 GHz frequency in both directions? We have a situation where we need to offer the customer a solution in which we can offer both frequency bands in both directions with the help of an outdoor Access Point and an external antenna.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels