Meraki Z3 connected to IP phone on port 5 via WiFi

Darianj
Just browsing

Meraki Z3 connected to IP phone on port 5 via WiFi

Hello all. 

I need to find a way (if possible) to connect and IP phone to port 5 on a Meriki Z3 for a few telecommuters for my co.

The problems is that the users can't work in the room where the cable modem / home routers is; therefore there is significate distance between the home router and the work area.  ALSO wired connection for this is a no go.

I have to find a way to wirelessly connect port 1 on the Z3 to the home router or wirelessly connect port 5 on the Z3 to the IP phone.

Does anyone one know of any type of extender / repeater that may help with this situation?  Does anyone think this will even work?

Thanks in advance.

3 Replies 3
BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Could you use a IP Dect handset, something like the Yealink W73P. Then you could have the base unit plugged into the Z3 and the handset located where ever you needed it provided its not to far away. 

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

As @BlakeRichardson says, DECT will give the best result.

You could also consider using the Z3C, which has built-in cellular, and just put a data SIM in it.  Then you can have the Z3C right next to the user (and not use their home Internet connection).

https://meraki.cisco.com/product-collateral/z-series-datasheet/?file 

Darianj
Just browsing

Hello all,

Thank you for your replies.  I'll be looking into them and testing to see what's best for my Company.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels