Meraki WAP with jumpcloud Radius

Mohanmani
New here

Meraki WAP with jumpcloud Radius

Actually, I have a Jump cloud radius server and Meraki access points. I need my Corp SSID to authenticate with the jump cloud radius server. While configuring radius server in the jump cloud, it was asking IP add of my organization network; I gave my public IP add of network, and then in the Meraki end it was asking radius server IP add and secret key. The secret key I know, but what is the IP add I have to give in the Meraki? I have checked with JumpCloud assistance; they also don't know. They told me to use an IP address of the Jump cloud radius server based on region. My region was APAC for that 18.182.131.248; this is the IP add; my question is, IF I use this IP add, will it work?

Can you please anyone reply?

2 Replies 2
Ryan_Miles
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Correct you would config the SSID to point to the IP/IPs of the JumpCloud RADIUS servers of your choice. They list their IPs here https://jumpcloud.com/support/configure-a-wap-vpn-or-router-for-radius.

Ryan / SE - Networking

If you found this post helpful, please give it Kudos. If my answer solves your problem please click Accept as Solution so others can benefit from it.
BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Jumpcloud Radius works really well, I use it and have never had an issue with it. As Ryan shared their knowledge base is very good. In regard to Radius server IP simply pick the one thats closest to your location and then choose a backup option as well. 

You can also download the Radius servers certificate if you wish to preinstall it on your devices to avoid the trusted certificate warning that some OS have.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels