Meraki MR76 with avg wireless latency warning

Keith_Li
Comes here often

Meraki MR76 with avg wireless latency warning

Dear All,

I got an issue, as i see one of the meraki AP in the map showing avg wireless latency warning, i have tried reboot that problem AP but after sometime i see the same issue appearing again, any idea how to fix it ? Thanks 

Screenshot 2024-02-21 132555.jpg

3 Replies 3
DarrenOC
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Hi @Keith_Li , is the AP located in its most optimal location?  Do you have the tools to re-survey that area to see what the underlying issue is?

Darren OConnor | doconnor@resalire.co.uk
https://www.linkedin.com/in/darrenoconnor/

I'm not an employee of Cisco/Meraki. My posts are based on Meraki best practice and what has worked for me in the field.
Keith_Li
Comes here often

i was using ekahua tool to deploy for the suitable location, what causes this warning ?

CFStevens
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Hi @Keith_Li,

We will need to do a bit of digging to determine why the problem is appearing on that one AP. You can start by ruling out a few common factors that often cause wireless latency. Distance from client to AP, channel utilization and SNR are all things that would be worth looking into.

I would advise starting by selecting that AP and reviewing the connection logs. What SNR and Time-To-Connect values are you seeing? Is only one client having issues, are or all clients roaming to this AP having issues?

How long ago was the site survey taken?

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels