Meraki MR API call for firmware version

Solved
Jyrki_Halonen
Getting noticed

Meraki MR API call for firmware version

I noticed with Meraki MR44 HW with MR 30.5 firmware following: when fetching device information from MR device with API, firmware version shows in API response: "firmware": "Not running configured version".

In other MR-devices running with version 29.5.1 API response is correct: "firmware": "wireless-29-5-1".

Is this a bug in MR 30.5 ?

1 Accepted Solution
Jyrki_Halonen
Getting noticed

I got an answer from Meraki Support that this is a bug in software:

"It appears that you are hitting an unexpected behavior, where the API endpoint getOrganizationDevices returns "not running configured version". This is currently being looked into by our development. We do not have an ETA currently however I will keep you updated on our progress."

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5
Greenberet
Head in the Cloud

With which AP model(s) are you having this problem?

From the Release Notes:

When configured for this version, MR12, MR16, MR18, MR24, MR26, MR32, MR34, MR62, MR66, and MR72 will run MR 26.8.3.

If it is one of these versions, then I would assume thats the issue. You have configured 30.5 but these older APs will run an older version which is "not the ocnfigured version"

Device model is MR44. 
In Meraki Dashboard it shows the version correctly to MR 30.5.

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Often that means an AP has failed to do a firmware upgrade.  You normally have to open a support case to get these fixes.

I opened a ticket for this, let's see what support finds out.
I also noticed that this same issue was also fo MR76 HW with firmware version MR 30.5

Jyrki_Halonen
Getting noticed

I got an answer from Meraki Support that this is a bug in software:

"It appears that you are hitting an unexpected behavior, where the API endpoint getOrganizationDevices returns "not running configured version". This is currently being looked into by our development. We do not have an ETA currently however I will keep you updated on our progress."

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels