Meraki Licensing question

ammahend
Getting noticed

Meraki Licensing question

we have a few Meraki APs with enterprise license.

Now we are deploying adaptive policy with New APs and MS390 switches and have advance licenses coming in.

At a later stage we will upgrade the existing enterprise license to advance and move the existing deployment also to support adaptive policy.

I have 2 questions.

1. For the new adaptive policy deployment, should I create a new organization all together with all advance licenses ? Since we don't have per device license, I am not sure I can mix enterprise and advance in same organization.

2. At a later stage when I upgrade existing enterprise to advance license, can I migrate the licenses to newly created organization. I am thinking I can since both organization will be using co-term licenses, Also I am assuming in this specific case my final co-termination date will be adjusted automatically.

I am open to any best practices suggestions, thank you much.

2 Replies 2
Brash
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Not sure whether creating a new org will be most advantageous or not.

But assuming MR licensing works the same as MX licencing, once you add the advanced licensees to your org, it will uplift the org license level including existing licenses.

This uplift does however calculate and take away some of your co-term time to take the uplift if existing licenses into account.

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

If you are using AutoVPN I would not create a new org.  Much pain ahead.

Otherwise, I guess it could be an easy way to keep both licence levels running simultaneously.  Not an option I would normally have put at the top of my list though.  A single org should be easier to manage.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels