Meraki APs

Surya10101
Getting noticed

Meraki APs

I am having 10 branches along with HO. All 10 office have 5 wifi users. They all need to connect to access points and go to firewall and all are site to site tunneled to HO. All the users have to communicate with each other. If i go with one  MR28 per branch, shall i achieve the control through meraki dashboard and can they commuicate with each other?

primary objective is to users have to commuicate with each other from all branches with HO.

8 Replies 8
cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@Surya10101 ideally you'd want an MX at each branch and with small branches like that you could use the MX67 or MX68 unless you need large amounts of bandwidth.  You could also use the W versions with built in wireless instead of the separate MR28 if they are all near the router.

Surya10101
Getting noticed

@cmr but there is already site to site VPN established using the fortigate firewalls.

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

In which case you do only need the MR28s as suggested.  They will control the wireless access and the FortiGates will control the site to site connectivity.

Surya10101
Getting noticed

@cmr is that not possible to control Access points?

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@Surya10101 the only way to control the site to site communication using Meraki in your case, would be to add an MX at the Head Office.  The SSIDs on the MR28s could then be tunneled back to it and therefore controlled in the dashboard.

Surya10101
Getting noticed

@cmr here i am not asking about controlling firewalls. I know only meraki devices can be cotrolled via meraki dashboard. i am asking shall we control the wireless access points with the site to site vpn established between ho and branches

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Yes, all Meraki equipment is controlled through the Meraki cloud dashboard.

DarrenOC
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Morning @Surya10101, your design/thinking is correct.  Your site to site connectivity is done via your FortiGates and your MRs/Wireless will be managed by the Meraki dashboard.  Wireless traffic from one site will be able to traverse your WAN and reach the devices across your network. Just as long as your routing is correct and firewalls permit the traffic.

Darren OConnor | doconnor@resalire.co.uk
https://www.linkedin.com/in/darrenoconnor/

I'm not an employee of Cisco/Meraki. My posts are based on Meraki best practice and what has worked for me in the field.
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels