Meraki AP's & Ascom i62's

Sam_Brookes
Comes here often

Meraki AP's & Ascom i62's

Hello all,

We're currently running a suite of 94 Meraki AP's at a hospital site, largely MR42 however 6 MR74's for good measure.

They're sat on firmware version 25.9 as we also have a number of Ascom i62's and had problems back in the day when the firmware upgraded on the AP's

Quite a bit of time has passed, (almost 6 years?!), and before we get brave and move to upgrade the AP firmware i was wondering if any of you out there are happily running the latest and greatest AP firmware with Ascom i62's connected?

If not latest and greatest, is there a generally accepted "good" version that's a bit more modern that we can look to upgrade to?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

4 Replies 4
BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@Sam_Brookes When you had issues the first time did you open a support ticket? 

Morning, Blake.

Pass, I wasn't around at the time and the few that were have since moved on unfortunately.

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I don't know the answer, but Google tells me a lot of people have problems with this phone.  I was looking at a thread to do with problems on Cisco WLC systems:
https://community.cisco.com/t5/wireless/ascom-wifi-phone-problems/td-p/1589289 

And they noted a known bug in the phones software when using 802.11n, and said disabling 802.11n on the phone resolved that issue.

It also says they don't support 802.11r, so disable that on the Meraki side.

Another person notes issues when unii2 bands are enabled when negotiating 40Mhz channels and says to lock the WiFi to only using 20Mhz channels (which is a good idea anyway when there are a lot of APs).  This is done on the Meraki side.

I also see it mentions issues where the CPU on the phone gets too busy, resulting in dropped audio.

I would also check for firmware update for those phones.  Several of the bugs looks like they have been fixed in newer firmware.

Thanks Phillip,

Aye, i've been sleuthing around the forums and have probably stumbled into the same posts that you have there outlining various findings/workarounds, i was just hoping (probably very hopefully 😀) that someone would pop up and tell me they're on X Firmware version and everything is hunky dory as there doesn't seem to be much noise on it since late 2019, early 2020.

Sam

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels