Meraki AP roamed nexpectedly deauthenticated issue

Solved
Keith_Li
Comes here often

Meraki AP roamed nexpectedly deauthenticated issue

Dear All, 

I have a question would like to ask regarding to the following, our customers reported that one of the site that using Meraki MR44 having the following issue when roamed from one AP to another, and checked in the dashboard and see the following, just wonder should i enabled 802.11r or Adaptive ?  any help would be appreicated 

Roamed from AP KBSR-10 then unexpectedly deauthenticated

Keith 

1 Accepted Solution

The datasheet will definitely say more than 100, but the recommendation is a maximum of 30 clients per AP, but of course this will depend on the amount of traffic that will pass, because the higher the traffic and the number of connected clients, the greater it will be the use of the channel and consequently worse will be the performance of the network.

Yes, in the higher bitrates legacy clients (802.11b) are not supported.

I strongly recommend that you study the CWNA material to better understand wireless concepts.

https://www.amazon.com.br/Certified-Wireless-Network-Administrator-Study/dp/1119734509

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

While many customers enable 802.11r within their network without issue, some legacy devices may not connect to an 802.11r network. 802.11r is a recommended feature due to its many benefits, however a device audit is encouraged first to ensure that mission critical devices are not affected.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Thank you for your reply, may I ask should is just enable 802.11r or adaptive ? 

Disable it. How is your minimum bitrate set?

i though i need to enable 802.11r rather than disable it ? and the minimun bitrate is the following, please advise, Thanks 

Keith_Li_0-1681436125341.png

This is relative, roaming itself is a customer decision. I usually leave it disabled because it can cause problems for legacy devices.
Do you have many APs in the environment? You can try to disable the lower bitrates, I for example usually use from 24 in high density environments.

You can still try to disable the load balancing client to validate if it has a positive effect.

One important thing is to always keep the device's wireless card divers up to date.

I would also recommend a site survey to analyze the wireless spectrum.

Keith_Li
Comes here often

i just disabled load balancing, may i ask if i enable load balacning, how many max connectivity endpoint can be connected to the AP ? also i changed the minimun bitrate from 12 to 24, does it means legacy devices will not be able to connect to the wifi like 802.11b ?

The datasheet will definitely say more than 100, but the recommendation is a maximum of 30 clients per AP, but of course this will depend on the amount of traffic that will pass, because the higher the traffic and the number of connected clients, the greater it will be the use of the channel and consequently worse will be the performance of the network.

Yes, in the higher bitrates legacy clients (802.11b) are not supported.

I strongly recommend that you study the CWNA material to better understand wireless concepts.

https://www.amazon.com.br/Certified-Wireless-Network-Administrator-Study/dp/1119734509

it means that in order to join the network client device must be able to talk at 12 or 24Mbps  802.11b cant operate at 12 or 24 Mbps...   11b  operates at 1,2,5.5,  and 11Mbps. If you don't have 802.11b devices leave it at 12

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels