Meraki AP integration with Intune

Guac55
Here to help

Meraki AP integration with Intune

Hello, 

I am brand new to Meraki wireless world, and I have received a few demo APs for POC. Looking for some guidance/suggestions on below:

1. Is there a way for Meraki AP to make an API call to Intune to validate if the device is compliant? Currently, Intune pushes cert to iPhones & Cisco ISE makes an Oauth call to Intune to check if the device that's trying to connect is compliant. I don't manage ISE so this is my understanding of how it currently works. What we are looking for is to eliminate the ISE servers and make wireless work independently of ISE. 

3 Replies 3
Brash
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

If you're not using Meraki SM (which it sounds like you're not as you're using Intune), and you don't want to use radius, you have a few options to use local auth. You can do identity PSK or local auth viia certificate authentication or password authentication.

https://documentation.meraki.com/MR/Encryption_and_Authentication/Wireless_Encryption_and_Authentica...

However there is no way for these authentication options to verify compliance.

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

> Is there a way for Meraki AP to make an API call to Intune to validate if the device is compliant?

No.

What is my option if I don't want to use ISE?

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels