Meraki AP integration with Intune

Guac55
Here to help

Meraki AP integration with Intune

Hello, 

I am brand new to Meraki wireless world, and I have received a few demo APs for POC. Looking for some guidance/suggestions on below:

1. Is there a way for Meraki AP to make an API call to Intune to validate if the device is compliant? Currently, Intune pushes cert to iPhones & Cisco ISE makes an Oauth call to Intune to check if the device that's trying to connect is compliant. I don't manage ISE so this is my understanding of how it currently works. What we are looking for is to eliminate the ISE servers and make wireless work independently of ISE. 

3 Replies 3
Brash
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

If you're not using Meraki SM (which it sounds like you're not as you're using Intune), and you don't want to use radius, you have a few options to use local auth. You can do identity PSK or local auth viia certificate authentication or password authentication.

https://documentation.meraki.com/MR/Encryption_and_Authentication/Wireless_Encryption_and_Authentica...

However there is no way for these authentication options to verify compliance.

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

> Is there a way for Meraki AP to make an API call to Intune to validate if the device is compliant?

No.

What is my option if I don't want to use ISE?

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.