MR86 Antenna Frequencies

Solved
gcarmich
Getting noticed

MR86 Antenna Frequencies

Do all 4 of the MR86 antennas transmit all supported bands of the MR86? or are some dedicated to 2.4GHz and others to 5GHz?

1 Accepted Solution
Brash
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

From the installation guide:

"Both 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz client serving radios are diplexed onto each antenna port, so if using multiple antennas it is best practice to aim all in the same coverage area."

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Features

Dual–radio aggregate frame rate of up to 2.98 Gbps*
5 GHz 4x4:4 radio and 2.4 GHz 4x4:4 radio offer a combined dual–radio aggregate frame rate of 2.98 Gbps*, with up to 2,402 Mbps in the 5 GHz band and 574 Mbps in the 2.4 GHz band. Technologies like transmit beamforming and enhanced receive sensitivity allow the MR86 to support a higher client density than typical enterprise-class access points, resulting in better performance for more clients, from each AP.

For more details check the documentation.

https://documentation.meraki.com/MR/MR_Overview_and_Specifications/MR86_Datasheet

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
gcarmich
Getting noticed

I dont see documentation on frequencies per antenna port.

Refer the installation guide.

https://documentation.meraki.com/MR/MR_Installation_Guides/MR86_Installation_Guide

Screenshot_20230730-101551.png

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
gcarmich
Getting noticed

thank you!

Brash
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

From the installation guide:

"Both 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz client serving radios are diplexed onto each antenna port, so if using multiple antennas it is best practice to aim all in the same coverage area."

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels