MR53 upgrade to MR57 client connectivity issue

hillster
Comes here often

MR53 upgrade to MR57 client connectivity issue

Hi Can you possible assist I have a strange issue where as we have 2 builds of laptops onsite

We have recently  refreshed our old access points from Meraki MR 53 to Meraki MR 57  everything was working fine with MR 53

But we are now encountering an issue with our older workstations will now not connect

802.1X with custom RADIUS

PSK (WPA2)

Sign-on method

None

Bandwidth limit

unlimited

Client IP assignment

Local LAN

Clients blocked from using LAN

no

Wired clients are part of Wi-Fi network

no

VLAN tag 

VPN

Disabled

Client  connects via SSID  and .1X  obtains a valid IP address from DHCP server on vlan 10  as per above

however we cannot hit its own Gateway

Newer build laptops are working fine.

All was working on MR 53 so no settings have changed.

Any ideas what the issue is to diagnose ?

7 Replies 7
GreenMan
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

My first guess on this would be to look to update the WLAN driver(s) for your laptops.   Go to the site for the wifi chip manufacturer, rather than just relying on the Windows updates.

thanks for reply - I have already tried this update the WLAN drivers...but unfortunately the issue is still the same .... Just to reiterate the older laptops worked fine on MR 53 set up so nothing changed on client

just doesn't make any sense.    

ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

No usefull logging in the event log regarding this client?

Maybe try disable .ax in the wifi profile.

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Do the laptops have Intel chipsets for the wireless, we had a ton of issues with older drivers on 8260 and 9260 chipsets in particular when moving to Wi-Fi 6.  It sounds like you are seeing the same issue.  If they are Intel, what driver version are the troublesome laptops running?

GreenMan
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

If you didn't already;   raise a case with Meraki Support...

I have raised a case direct with Meraki - I have updated all the drivers etc to latest but still seeing issue where as cant ping GW this is  only on the older laptops - all the newer build laptops are working 

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@hillster do the drivers have a version number?

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels