MR44 fit my req. or not?

Nasser-ps
Comes here often

MR44 fit my req. or not?

Hi Folks,

I try to find Meraki AP with frame rate of 2.7 Gbps*, with up to 2,402 Mbps in the 2.4 GHz (roughly) band and 287 Mbps* in the 5 GHz (roughly)

For MR44 and based on the datasheet it supports: “frame rate of 2.7 Gbps*, with up to 2,402 Mbps in the 5 GHz band and 287 Mbps* in the 2.4 GHz”

the dual–radio aggregate frame rate is 2.7 Gbps, so does that mean the 2.4 GHz radio can support up to 287 Mbps ONLY?

Is it possible that the 2.4 GHz operate up to 2.7 Gbps (if I don't use the 5 GHz radio)?

What is the technical issue I may face if I recommended MR44 in this case?

If I recommended MR44 , is it an add value or not - based on my needs?

4 Replies 4
ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I think you mixing up bands and rates.

The mr44 has 2x2 on the 2.4ghz 

And 4x4 on the 5ghz

The 2.4 can only do max 287Mbps using a 20mhz channel on the 2.4ghz band

https://mcsindex.com/

KarstenI
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Whoever told you to look at the maximum frame rates, don't listen to him, as these numbers are pure marketing beeeeep (censored) and have no relevance at all in the real world.

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

This.  Those rates are laughable if you expect any WiFi system on the planet to achieve that in the 2.4Ghz spectrum.

This is a good tool that lets you "check" the tick boxes for what you require, and then it shows the matching access points.

https://meraki.cisco.com/products/wi-fi/models/ 

BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@Nasser-ps  What are you trying to achieve? If you are unsure I would suggest getting someone in who can do a site survey. Choosing equipment based on numbers on a data sheet isn't the best approach. 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels