MR44|MR46E - Clients are not redirected to the Splash Page

FayMephist
New here

MR44|MR46E - Clients are not redirected to the Splash Page

Hello, I am having an issue with Meraki Splash page (click through). When clients connect to the Wi-Fi, they are not redirected to the plash page. 

What I found is that the client sent the HTTP Get when connected to the Wi-Fi and received the HTTP 307 Temporary Redirect from the AP successfully. The Splash URL was sent to a client, however, they were redirected to www.msftconnecttest.com/redirect, instead of loading the Meraki page. 

I had to copied the Splash URL below, and pasted it on Edge, so that I could get to the Splash page. After that I clicked "Continue to the Internet", and this client was authorised on Meraki, and internet was working. 

Does anyone have this problem? 

Get.jpg

*I had disabled the the Network Connectivity Status Indicator site (NCSI) on this client, but when connecting to the Wi-Fi, the client did not send the HTTP Get to Meraki AP. 

*I also downgraded and upgraded the AP firmware, but it could not help. 

1 Reply 1
VictorYang
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

The URL  www.msftconnecttest.com/redirect redirects to the MSN website. So it most likely it's the default website of the browser like Edge. 

In the Access Control page for the SSID, there would be a setting "Captive portal strength". You may set it to 'Block all access until sign-on is complete' and it may help to force the device to open the splash page

If you found this post helpful, please give it kudos. If my answer solved your problem, click "accept as solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels