Location Analytics

EduardoCisco
Conversationalist

Location Analytics

Hello,
I have two MR28 and 2 SSIDs. One PSK-WPA2 and another one open through splash page.
In Location Analytics for the SSID open I can see the number of passersby, but all others are zero. No info in engagement and loyalty.
Is any config missing to get the data ?

7 Replies 7
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Is Location analytics enabled?

Location Analytics - Cisco Meraki Documentation

Location and scanning services can be enabled under Network-wide > General > Location and scanning.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

The open SSID with a splash page may attract more passersby looking for free Wi-Fi, which may explain why you're seeing more data for this SSID. The PSK-WPA2 SSID, on the other hand, is probably only being used by people who have the correct password? Which is probably a much smaller group.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
EduardoCisco
Conversationalist

Thank you for reply.
Location and scanning already enable, and the Loyalty and Engagement are zero not only small than passersby.

Hey @EduardoCisco,

There is an issue we're currently tracking regarding missing visitor data in the “Engagement” or “Loyalty” sections of the Organisation > Location Analytics. I'd recommend opening a case so Support can keep you updated and properly log this. 

Cheers,

Connor

EduardoCisco
Conversationalist

Answer from support:
This is an issue that has been raised with our internal team and our engineering team is aware of. Meraki support does not have insight into the engineering team timeline as to when a fix will be pushed out however as soon as a fix is pushed out I will update the case.

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

The issue seems to be clearing for us and most data has already been backfilled, do you see the same?

EduardoCisco
Conversationalist

Now I can see the data from the last month. 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels