Local Meraki network/testbed setup

gcarmich
Getting noticed

Local Meraki network/testbed setup

We want to experiment with different Meraki network configurations in our lab environment.  Testing different channel widths, MBR settings, backhaul sizing, roaming experience...  Does Meraki offer a local management instance/testbed that can be used with MR APs isolated from our production network?

4 Replies 4
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

No,

Create a new test network and add the APs you will test on it. You can also create a new organization, but I don't see the need.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

OK.  I think our backhaul size will limit our testing throughput.  Thx

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@gcarmich only the control plane is in the cloud, the data plane remains local, so you can test wireless client to wired client or other wireless client etc. at full speed locally with a slow internet connection.

If you need to test MX throughput then as long as the WAN can reach the internet, put a switch between it and the internet and connect a computer there for testing.

gcarmich
Getting noticed

Excellent!  Thank you!

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels