IP Address

rodeddie
Here to help

IP Address

Hi,

I have a site using the MR 192.168.9.x (via DHCP) ip address but their clients are getting 10.x.x.x range, and they indicate that they are having issues with their network printer. They don't have an external DHCP. Would adding static ip address be an option?

Thanks

3 Replies 3
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

The SSID is probably configured to use NAT mode.

https://documentation.meraki.com/MR/Client_Addressing_and_Bridging/NAT_Mode_with_Meraki_DHCP

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

In NAT mode, client isolation is enabled, which explains the behavior. Switch to bridge mode and everything should be fine.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
ntuccillo
Here to help

Just to add to what Alemabrahao said, you can think of NAT mode as a "Guest" network. It is completely isolated from your local LAN. So any of your clients getting an IP from a Domain Controller or DHCP won't be able to reach those clients. If you switch to Bridge Mode, those clients will receive an IP based off the subnets you personally created and as a result, you'll be able to communicate over the LAN. They may start getting 192.168.9.X addresses depending on how you configured it.

Hope that helps.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels