Solved
GBNZ
Comes here often

How to turn off 5GHZ radio

How do i turn off 5GHZ radio and leave 2.4 on

1 Accepted Solution
RWelch
Building a reputation

Go to Wireless > Configure > Radio Settings RF Profile tab and EDIT whichever RF Profile you are using

Screenshot 2024-10-04 at 20.17.07.png

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8
RWelch
Building a reputation

Go to Wireless > Configure > Radio Settings RF Profile tab and EDIT whichever RF Profile you are using

Screenshot 2024-10-04 at 20.17.07.png

GBNZ
Comes here often

👍 thanks

RWelch
Building a reputation

👍welcome!

GIdenJoe
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

That is if you want to do it across the entire network.

You can also disable individual radios on AP's by selecting the AP and changing the mode of the 5 channel to off.

BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Just a word of warning which I am sure you are already well aware of but for anyone else that isn't. 2.4Ghz is a very congested in most cases and is prone to interference from things like cordless phones, microwaves etc.

Use it at your own risk. 

GBNZ
Comes here often

Thanks all. The reason I need to turn 5GHZ off is due to issues connecting a Yamaha WXA-50 remote amplifier to my Yamaha network. The app powers the speakers in an entertainment area outside. You have to create the “zone” on the Yamaha MusicCast app on my iPhone to be able to control the zone. The WXA runs on 2.4ghz only. Working with the local Yamaha rep we discovered I had to firstly only have 1 AP running and secondly only have that AP running on 2.4GHZ. Once the zone is created I can turn all the AP’s back on as well as 5GHZ. In essence a combination of Apple, Yamaha & Meraki makes for a less than optimal experience. Still working on it as unlike the last time the app lost the zone this work around did not work yesterday and I still can’t create the out door zone as everything is handshaking, the dashboard shows the WXA is connected to the AP but the Apple devices just can’t finish the process, or the WXA or who knows. Very frustrating. Hope that makes sense. 

Sorry to say but issue like this are common when manufacturers use sub par wireless chipsets in their products. Have you checked to see if there are firmware updates for the Yamaha product?

It’s running the latest firmware. The crazy thing is if you take it to the local Yamaha dealer the WXA connects as expected. I asked them about their AP and they use an out of the box ubiquity. Seems you also need bog standard consumer wifi to work with consumer products. Seems the Meraki can be a little to smart for its own good and don’t underestimate dirty old Apple with their ancient Apple talk protocols I’m sure are not helping the situation. To be fair I inherited the environment almost 8 years ago and it’s never been stable. I’ll keep toiling away. Cheers. 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels