How to see wireless clients connected to specific SSIDs.

jvanscoyk
New here

How to see wireless clients connected to specific SSIDs.

I am trying to display wireless clients that are connected to a specific SSID in a network in the dashboard.

I need to generate a report so that IT services in that area can find the devices and move them to another SSID.

I am not seeing the ability to display those clients though I may be overlooking something.

6 Replies 6
ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

behind clients it says: all

You can change that to filter on ssid

1112.png

I see no filter capabilities on SSID.

I can add a Recent SSID column to the display but I am unable to filter on just an SSID.Screenshot 2023-10-16 at 10.51.47 AM.png

RaphaelL
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Higher on the page: 

RaphaelL_0-1697481484572.png

RaphaelL
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Like ww said or if you want an Org overview you can go to Organization -> Summary report and select your time range and your SSID and you will get a nice report that is  IT management frendly 🙂 

RaphaelL_0-1697477081022.png

but you won't have client details ( MAC , name , IP and so on  )

This has very useful information on it though if I export it to Excel, all I get is the number of clients connected to each SSID. Not useful at all for what I need. I apologize if I am missing something but this is useless for what I need. The tabs on the excel spreadsheet do not tell you what SSID the clients are connected to. I don't understand how this is not something I'd want to filter on.The filter works on the dashboard but not when you export to excel.

RaphaelL
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

That page is named Summary report, it is only reporting the usage / utilization of your SSIDs. You won't get client details ( which client was connected to X AP or Y SSID ) , you will need to go to the network as shown by ww

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels